Thursday, November 11, 2010

Blogging....


1. What I like about blogging?
Blogging is like a personal diary for me of what i want or have to say. One thing I like about blogging is that I'm free to voice out any dissatisfaction, sadness or happiness through written words. Moreover, I can create my blog using of my choice from the template to the layout even the content and so on. I can even include anything that i want in the blog. Thinking is associated with blogging to me. why because when you blog, you need to think of the content first.

2. What I do not like about blogging?
Basically, there nothing that i do not like about blogging because this is my first time and I felt very anticipated.

3. What i have gain from blogging?
4. How?
One thing creativity. I can create the layout of my blog, edit here and there to make it more attractive and eye-catching although my current blog does not look that creative because it follows the template given set but still I can include anything I want and where I want to place them. Secondly is language skills. I felt good that blogging helps me to improve my language skills particularly writing skills when I post ideas, information or even share feelings. This has made me to develop myself to be a good writer, I mean in my position as a student. Moreover, critical thinking is also another advantage that I've gained through blogging in which I need to make a reflection as well as need to think of what to write as what I am doing now. Soft skills such as leadership in which i gain full control of the blog because it is mine. I can do whatever with it. In fact, by sending in post, it has helped me a lot in developing keyboarding skill in which i can type faster with much lesser typing errors. I learnt to share information with my friends. This is because sharing is caring. It is not the matter of what you lose but what you've gained. That is what matter most.

5. What I like about this course?
I getto know many applications as well as different sites with different purposes and functions. Besides, I develop three skills that I myself never attempt to do so that is photo editing, audio editing and aslo video editing. The other thing is that I learnt about e-book. Before, i have only heard baout it but now I know how to do it.. It would be helpful to me when I am teaching.

6. What I do not like about this course?
A the beginning, I thought this course will teach us how to develop non-technological resources and how to use resources that are already available in daily life in teaching and learning process. The task set for us is not direct to educational purposes. I understand that we need to gain the initial skill first but we should be thinking about developing resources for educational purpose not for the sake of the task only. Another thing is too much of technological usage in which made me feel like I'm in a Technology course.

7. What I have learnt from this course?
From this course, I have learnt which softwares or application or web sites that I can download or convert. I also learnt how to edit photo, video and audio clip. In fact, e-book is the one that interest me alot. Although it is basically PowerPoint presentation, but the inculcation of a genre that is story make it interesting as though as you are reading storybooks online. The presentation in groups with regards to different topics also gave me some information about learners, about teaching language, about teacher in developing resources as well as resources in relation to language.

8. What i do not expect but have learnt in this course?
I do not expect that this course will be technologically inclined because there is another course that we need to take for this semester. However i learnt editing skills such as photo editing, video editing and audion editing. Not to mention, e-book is the also one new thing that I've learnt.

9. What I expect but have not learnt from this course?
I expect to learn about authentic materials in which how are we going to eveluate the materials if we want them for teaching purposes. From selecting to editing and lastly using the materials. But that is the one that I have not learnt in this course.

10. If I can change anything about the course, state what it is and explain.
I want to have this course to not to be oo technologically inclined. This is because resources do not only involve technological resources. Things that are available in daily life are also resources. It only depends on the teacher how he or she selects , evaluates and uses them for teaching purposes. I will want to have non-technological resources being brought into this course as well and to teach on how to develop materials without using technology but appropriate for teaching and learning purposes for instance, flash card, word cards and so on. I am also in favour of being to learn how to select, evaluate and use authentic materials that is available in daily life such as newspaper, brochure, poster and so on for teaching and learning.

Comments regarding modules:

1. Internet and computing skills

a. What do you like about this module?

I like to learn on how to use internet. I have been able to learn on how to upload and download files from lots of sources though internet with the help of this module.

b. What do you not like about this module?

Lots of things i have to download and it makes my computer becomes messy and chaos.

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

It gives me practical on downloading and uploading files from the internet by using lots of methods.I hvae noproblems to search for materials from internet now.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

I do not like because it takes time to get the task done as to upload and download the files requires extensive buffering time.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I have acquired the skills of using internet at it best benefits which is sharing.

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

Through the skills I acquire from this module, I am now having extensive amount of materials which I can use for teaching and learning, and that is what best about sharing.

2. Photo Editing

a. What do you like about this module?

I realized that pictures can be used in in my future teaching and learning. As most of the pupils are visual learners, this module can helps me to be able to manipulate this benefit to the education purposes.

b. What do you not like about this module?

There are so many pictures I need to download in my computer, and sometime it get messed up and corrupted. I need to manage my files critically each time I am doing the task, and it takes time.

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

I am able to practice in edit pictures for educational purposes as well as my personal purposes. I have been able to use Adobe Photoshop.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

The steps that I have to follow were very complicated and it is not as easy as I can see.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I know how to convert pictures and the most important thing is, i have been able to modify a picture.

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

It can help me to produce many interesting teaching aids.

3. Audio Editing Skills

a. What do you like about this module?

This module is all about music. That is why I love this module.

b. What do you not like about this module?

I can only say that everything being taught in this module is so beneficial for me in every way and I do not have anything that I don’t like about this module.

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

I love to edit a music file. Combining two music files is very interesting.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

It takes time for me to be able to master the skills.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

The best specific skills I have acquire in this module is that I can mix the audio files into better sound product.

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

We will be able to produce our own teaching aids that suitable for our pupils. So, we will not depend on others source to teach our pupils.

4. Video Editing Skills

a. What do you like about this module?

I love to convert and combine videos. Instead of that, many pictures also can be combined to produce a video. So, this is very useful as I can make any video that I want using suitable pictures according to the syllabus.

b. What do you not like about this module?

The thing which I do not like about this module is that, I have to download lots of software for video-editing which requires large space in my computer. This has lead my computer to be lag.

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

I feel much mature to be able to create my own video and able to post it up on Youtube especially with the educational purposes. With my product being upload in the internet for thousands of other user to see and use, I feel much mature in my professional development as a teacher.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

It takes so much time to upload the video up online because of the lack internet coverage, with this I take so much time to complete the task.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

The one skill which I have acquired through this module is that, I am now able to edit and combine video to get better product.

f. How the skills learn in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

As a future teacher,I can make use of video in whatever way I intend to especially in getting the message delivered.

5. Software for ELT

a. What do you like about this module?

I learn on how to use Microsoft Publisher in order to produce brochure, invitation cards, letterhead and so on. Honestly, before this, i do not know how to make it.

b. What do you not like about this module?

Overall, this module is good because it just simple as wee just put the information on the document. Nothing I do not like about this module.

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

The task give me chances to try on my own on how to create items through the usage of this software such as banners, posters, business cards and etc and I am now have getting better on using it.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

Most of the task are simple and easy but I can easily get me bored as not much interesting stuff can be used in this software.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I am now getting better at producing various printed document materials especially for teaching and learning.

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

Printed material can benefit teaching and learning at it best especially in teaching language. Through this module I can create my own material which can get the pupils to see printed materials which suit real life experience, such as business cards, banners, posters and so on.


No comments:

Post a Comment